My Cat Goma Blog Update

My Cat Goma Blog Update

Link to My Himalayan Cat Goma Blog

My First Pet Portrait Show

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 07:26 PM PDT

I have been working hard preparing my first pet portrait show at Firebird Cafe, Essex Junction Vermont. We finally installed the show today and it looks awesome!  These are some of my pet portraits that I had the pleasure of working on the last 2 years. I used to draw pet portraits and give them to my friends as a gift,  gradually I started to get commission work though people who likes to give a very special gift. I love how a pet portrait is very personal to people and when a job is done right it has the power to truly touch them.
Pet portrait show 01
I believe there is a special connection between their pets and humans and my goal is to express that connection through my  portraits.  In order to do that, I want to capture every color, every hair, every shadow and light on each pet that I am working on... I try to record each animal's unique personality and soul  on to the paper.  I hope when you see the portraits on display you will see that as well.Come check it out at:
Firebird Cafe
Pet portrait show 02
 The dog section of the cafe.
Pet portrait show 03

0 comments:

Post a Comment