My Cat Goma Blog Update

My Cat Goma Blog Update

Link to My Himalayan Cat Goma Blog

Goma Lost Weight—His Yearly Check Up Results

Posted: 09 Aug 2013 08:27 AM PDT

Goma-lost-weight
We went to Goma's yearly check up yesterday. Overall, he is okay but few things concerned us.

• He have lost some weight about 2.5lb!!
 About his weight, Dr. Moore said it is better for Megacolon cat to weight less than overweight but she still feels like he needs to maintain a good weight. He was 10.7lbs a year ago and now he weighs 8.2lb. That means he have lost 2.5lbs!!! I will be soooo happy if I lost that much weight, but not Goma!! My problem is having overweight cat Kuma, it is very hard to feed them separately and I think Kuma eats all Goma's food...How in the world feed one under weight cat and one over weight cat?? Maybe I need to start feeding Goma with a kitten food?? Please someone help me!

• He still have huge, hard feces in his stomach.
 Even though his megacolon is under control, we still feel that his stool is hard and too large. SO we decided to increase the dosage of Miralax, 1/2 table spoon to 1 table spoon. We will start giving Lactose and Cisapride as needed. But Dr Moore suggests giving him Lactose little more often.

• He started to have cavities and Gingivitis.
We found a red coloring at base of his front fang which is Gingivitis. We need to clean his teeth pretty soon. Dr Moore said his teeth aren't that bad compare to his age and his breed. Which made me feel better. I think Greenies Dental Treats and   Dental Spray are helping. Also dry food helps with teeth too, I know we always hear wet food is o much better but little bit of dry food is maybe okay?

This in a good news. Beginning Aug 5th, Goma started with pet insurance from PetPlan. My vet told me the dental cleaning will cost at least $200. But Goma will be covered! I am so glad I got this plan...It's only $20/month and I have $200/year deductible and 80% coverage for that. I compared different pet insurance but Petplan was most comprehensive and affordable!

0 comments:

Post a Comment