My Cat Goma Blog Update

My Cat Goma Blog Update

Link to My Himalayan Cat Goma Blog

How Cats Sunbathe In Winter

Posted: 28 Oct 2013 09:40 AM PDT

Happy_light_01
Okay, so living in Vermont with about 6 months of cold, harsh, cloudy, and snowy winter...I begin to really feel the effect of not having Sun lights regularly... I love Summer, waking up to bright sunlight and makes me feel like I can conqueror everything you have to do in a day. Then, Winter comes...most of the time when I wake up, it's dark and cold...all I want to do is go back to bed!! So I decided to try Light Therapy and Light Box to lift up my mood. Light boxes are not only good for people suffering from seasonal affective disorder (SAD) but also good for various skin conditions, psoriasis, Acne and even cancer!

While I am using light box, I've noticed my cats wants to be near it too... so after I finish with my light therapy I let them use it too. I think Sun is very important aspect of cat's life too, I've noticed my cats are feeling lazy in the Winter, they normally are awake long before me running around the house in Summer but Winter time they are still under blankets sleeping when I wake up! I also observed they sleep more in Winter too(seems like that's all they do all day). Not sure if light box will make cats more active but after they lay on it for 10 minutes they will start run around the house. Maybe working??

Light box I use is Verilux HappyLite Deluxe Sunshine Simulator. It has bigger surface that gives me better overall exposure than smaller ones. I also own Philips Hf3470 Wake-up Light which helps me wake up in the morning. It simulate sun rise in Summer!! Perfect right?If you feeling little blue in the Winter and own a cats I strongly suggest trying those!
Happy_light_02




0 comments:

Post a Comment