Daisy the Curly Cat

Daisy the Curly Cat


Happy Veterans Day Holiday

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 03:03 AM PST

Yesterday was Veterans Day, and today is the federal Veterans Day holiday.  In honor of the occasion, I am wearing my patriotic skirt.  Why aren't I wearing a top? I do not know.
Anyway, today I want to share something special with you. The man in this picture is my great-great-great-great... grandpa. I call him that because he was really great! He went to the Rainbow Bridge for people a long time ago, but I wanted to share this article about him.
See, for a while in Casper, he was the last surviving veteran of the Spanish-American war! If you read the article, you can see he was a real character.  He attributed his longevity to smoking cigars! My Mommeh says she can still remember him a little bit. I sure wish I could have met him.
Happy Veterans Day holiday everybuddy, and a big Thank You to all of our veterans! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment