My Cat Goma Blog Update

My Cat Goma Blog Update

Link to My Himalayan Cat Goma Blog

PetSmart's Inhumane New Adoption Center Policy— I Am Angry!

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 04:11 PM PST

I've volunteer at this PetSmart once a week for a year now in Vermont. They have a room for cat adoption center and I clean the cages. Anyway, recently a new manager "Sean" came to the store and he declare that adoption center needs to be locked at all times. In his words "It's a new policy but we are reinforcing it anyway". The problem with locking the door hinders air quality, humidity, temperature AND the opportunity for potential forever families to interact with cats who need a home. The adoption room is now 79 degrees and cats are getting dehydrated, desperate for fresh and cold air... I asked my facebook friends about their Petsmart and none of them said their Pestmart lock the doors of adoption center. Even in Canada. It is inhumane thing to do to deprive fresh air from living cats and locked in a hot room all day without any interaction.
Furthermore, Petsmart removed a storage cabinet that contains all the cleaning supplies, food and medicines to backroom. Now we all have to go back and forth getting dishes and towels etc...It inconvenience us greatly and making the cleaning much harder. And it was all in cabinet tucked away, it wasn't making any mess at all. Petsmart told us it is because they want to keep the room "Neat" but for sake of our inconvenience and doing best we can for cats? Now we have to go to Petsmart at least 30 mins earlier to finish the cleaning process.

It seems that Petsmart do not want adoption center in their store, it is obvious to all the volunteers. Maybe next time we go they hide all of the cats in the back room because it looks "neat". If they don't want an adoption center, just say so, why do they have to make everything so difficult for us and cats? I can take any bullying from Petsmart but I won't take inhumane treatment for cats. They have no voice, and I will do anything to get their voice heard! They are suffering as I speak due to this new Petsmart policy. And I don't understand why my store is the only store that reinforcing it.

How you can help:

1. Write to Petsmart AskPetSmart@ssg.PetSmart.com with follwoing information:

• Petsmart location: 21 Trader Ln  Williston, VT 05495
• Manager's name: Sean
• Your name
• Your e-mail address
• State that you do not want cats to be treated inhumanely in locked room with high temp.

2. Add a comment to Petsmart Facebook Wall:
This is the thread we have going right now.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Sachie+Goma+Kuma

0 comments:

Post a Comment