My Cat Goma Blog Update

My Cat Goma Blog Update

Link to My Himalayan Cat Goma Blog

Easy DIY—Rehab Your Cat Post

Posted: 06 Nov 2013 12:18 PM PST

Rehab-Cat_Pole_01
I am sure if you are a cat owner you have or have bought a cat post. The problem with this is that after few months it will be destroyed. Especially upper part of the post because that's where cats do like to scratch. Normally good quality cat post cost you around between $25-$45...if you replace it every 4 months then you will be spending a lot of money!! I realized most of the time, only rope part is destroyed and other part is just fine. So I decided to rehab my old cat post to save money! One you are done it it's so easy and affordable, you would be amazed!! Here are step by step instructions:

Time: 20 minues Cost: $10.46 Savings: $15- $35!

Rehab-Cat_Pole_02
What you will need:
  1. Twisted Sisal Rope 
  2. Fast Drying Wood Glue
  3. Scissors
  4. Paper Towel
  5. Hand Glove(Optional).
  6. Kitty Helper(Optional).
How To Rehab Your Old Cat Tree(Step-by-Step).
Rehab-Cat_Pole_03
  1. Cut the rope in the end.
  2. Unwind the old rope. I just removed about half way because bottom part was almost new. That way you will save rope for next time.
  3. Glue the pole. You don't need too much, but make sure you have good amount of glue beginning of the rope and end.
  4. Wind new rope. You can rotate your pole as you go, it is easier that way.

Good things to know:
After you finish the piece, you might want to trim some loose ends and flying pieces so it looks neat. It's important to let it dry for 24 hours before your cats can use them. That's it!! So EASY!
Rehab-Cat_Pole_04
 Happy cats, happy me! Enjoy your new pole Goma!

0 comments:

Post a Comment