Behind the Bit

Behind the Bit


Harv gets rewarded for bad behavior

Posted: 24 Oct 2009 01:53 PM PDT

This is a story without a moral. I was dimly aware that Harv was "a problem" for some of the boarders. What started as murmurs and innuendo finally came to a head last week, and now everyone speaks openly about it.

Harvey is naughty. He torments the horses in the wash stall adjacent to his dutch door, lungeing and air biting at them while they are helplessly immobilized in cross ties. He also bites the butts of horses walking past his stall.

Movin' on up!
Boarders "went public" with Harv's issue because our barn, normally at capacity, has an open corner stall. It's a nice stall, the equivalent of a big corner office with a view. It was agreed that Harv should have the stall, not because we are next in line seniority-wise, but because he is such a pest in his current location. In this case, being naughty paid off, big time.

To top it off, the stall is close to his old "frenemy" Skippy. Many of you know about their past, which I blogged about some time ago.

This is a truly embarrassing video I made for Bob, to show him the new stall. I never thought I'd actually post it, it's silly. The singing (my singing) is the coup de grĂ¢ce. But it's the weekend, when no one reads blogs; I don't feel like blogging; and hey, I'm not proud.

0 comments:

Post a Comment