BTB: Day 1 Rolex: The first thing we see

BTB: Day 1 Rolex: The first thing we see

Link to Behind the Bit

Day 1 Rolex: The first thing we see

Posted: 23 Apr 2010 03:53 PM PDT

As we walked onto the showgrounds proper, the first thing we enountered was the warm-up ring. Lo and behold, we saw probably the only rider I can identify by sight -- Laine Ashker on Anthony Patch. Now in the last few years I've blogged some critical things about her. That said, she is an impressive young woman who (if we can believe Jimmy Wofford) has changed her riding style to be a little more methodical, a little less reckless than she was a few years ago when she had that terrible fall.


I have to admit that watching these few moments of her dressage warmup left me very impressed, and they went on to have a lovely and soft test overall with a few minor issues. Wishing Laine and Anthony the very best. And, the Threedaysthreeways blog has a nice interview with Laine about her Rolex 2010 jog...

I have a horrendous Internet connection in this rather yucky Day's Inn (didn't they used to be pretty good?). But I managed to upload this footage of Kim Seversen's coursewalk...

0 comments:

Post a Comment