BTB: Find a happy place (or, How my husband learned to love Rolex)

BTB: Find a happy place (or, How my husband learned to love Rolex)

Link to Behind the Bit

Find a happy place (or, How my husband learned to love Rolex)

Posted: 28 Apr 2010 01:03 PM PDT

At Rolex 2008, Bob (my husband) witnessed The Quiet Man's fatal fall in the cross country phase. It was an upsetting experience, and understandably he didn't return to Rolex in 2009.  This year I opted to drive rather than fly, and Bob kindly made the ten hour trip with me. On Saturday, the cross-country day,  Bob accompanied me to the grounds but he had no interest in watching horses jump. Fortunately, he likes watching the riders gallop away from the obstacles, especially when the horses get a big pat and praise. He positioned himself accordingly, just after the  jumps, and captured footage on the Flip camera.   At my request, though, he videotaped Lauren Kieffer and Snooze Alarm as they negotiated the Head of the Lake...




On Sunday (show jumping day), Bob stood near where horses and riders entered the ring. He enjoyed watching their final preparation and intensity of the horses and riders. Me? I took footage of the actual rides :-). Here is Arthur (chestnut, rider Allison Springer), who is probably my favorite horse this year, and Napalm (grey, rider Ian Roberts). Ian is so been-there-done-that, he is fun to watch too.



0 comments:

Post a Comment