BTB: Going public with Riley: First Clinic, May 14

BTB: Going public with Riley: First Clinic, May 14

Link to Behind the Bit

Going public with Riley: First Clinic, May 14

Posted: 12 May 2011 11:38 AM PDT

Fred and Ginger
Fred and Ethyl

Deep breath -- here goes! I signed up for two sessions with  Felicitas Von Neumann, one for me, one for my trainer Olivia. The clinic is this weekend, May 13-14.

 Olivia is riding May 13, and on the 14th I'm  riding in front of Felicitas and a bunch of auditors--our first public appearance. Being a glutton for punishment, I ponder  Riley and Olivia's session vs.  Riley's and my session, and how the two will compare.

Olivia and Riley are Fred and Ginger. Riley and I? More like Fred and Ethyl.

The kicker is, Olivia appears to be doing NOTHING. Not a damn thing. Just sits there, and yet Riley dances. And me, I'm pushing and shoving and kicking and sweating while Riley half-heartedly complies. If he finds me vaguely annoying, he's patient. He knows I'll wear out soon.

It'll be an interesting weekend. I will of course tell ya all about it.


Oh, and a Birthday Boy!
Oh, and Riley turns five on May 17. His birthday will not rate a lot of Hoopla, not like Harvey gets, because Riley, wonderful as he is, does not yet have Harv's track record. He'll get treats, but carrot cake? No, he has not earned it quite yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment