BTB: Goodbye Paddock Saddlery: Where are the local shops going?

BTB: Goodbye Paddock Saddlery: Where are the local shops going?

Link to Behind the Bit

Goodbye Paddock Saddlery: Where are the local shops going?

Posted: 21 May 2011 11:43 AM PDT

I don't live in Ohio but Paddock Saddlery's shop at Devon was one I always looked forward to visiting. Nice people, interesting items, and prices comparable to  other shops.  I got a pair of Pikeur Cindy breeches there for a price I have never seen elsewhere. Paddock Saddlery closed recently. Another shop I loved in the Lehigh Valley also closed.

What's left in my area are two "mega-stores."  Ten minutes away is a pet store with a lot of generic horse items; an hour away is a mega-horse outlet that has great selection but very busy staff (service is spotty). If I travel a bit further (over an hour) there are some smaller, more personal stores, but frankly they're looking a little dingy.

I do buy alot online. What about you guys? Are tack shops going the way of bookstores?

Henny News: It's all good!

Posted: 20 May 2011 07:48 PM PDT

Posted from Diigo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment