BTB: Cloning update: Owner clones her stallion

BTB: Cloning update: Owner clones her stallion

Link to Behind the Bit

Cloning update: Owner clones her stallion

Posted: 10 Sep 2010 12:53 PM PDT

 I read this article from The Horse magazine on the Health of Cloned Foals Examined in New Study. It's a tricky business and health issues are common. Meanwhile owners are cloning their favorite horses...
clipped from www.thebatt.com

A&M first to clone foal from live mare eggs

Mouse
Cloned foal Mouse meets his genetic parent, Marc. 
Knotts provided the inspiration for the cloning project after learning about Texas A&M's cloning efforts while searching for a horse similar to her stallion.
"Everything I could turn up was too small, too young, too old, not quite sound, etc.," Knotts said. "I realized I didn't just want another horse, I wanted another Marc."
blog it

0 comments:

Post a Comment