BTB: Laura Goldman, para-equestrian, deserves your support!

BTB: Laura Goldman, para-equestrian, deserves your support!

Link to Behind the Bit

Laura Goldman, para-equestrian, deserves your support!

Posted: 06 Sep 2010 12:43 PM PDT

Over the summer I've been feeling  just a tiny bit of self-pity about Riley. My trainer does so well with him, I'm wondering "am I good enough to do this nice horse justice?" Maybe you know that thought pattern.

Well, enough of that!
If you need a reality check, like I did, read Sheri Israel's blog post about para-dressage competitor Laua Goldman and her ambition to compete at WEG. If you lament that your sitting trot isn't where it should be, or that you need a better saddle, or a better trainer,  this article will offer another perspective on personal and athletic challenges.

Thanks to Sheri for bringing Laura's story to me and others. I'm proud to be a supporter of LG and Horsebloggers will be offering a giveaway prize (or prizes) to a few lucky readers who  help  her achieve her goals [details to come soon]:
You can support Laura Goldman 
by giving to the USPEA 
and designating the gift to LAURA GOLDMAN.
clipped from www.uspea.org







blog it


Donors: Leave a comment with your email (or identifying ID) 
if you donated to be considered for the drawing.


  According to Sheri, Laura is  is classified as a grade 1a, which is considered the most impaired level in the FEI classification scale.  But what is amazing is what she can do on a horse -- watch the video below to see what Laura has accomplished despite physical challenges.




If you donate, leave a comment saying "I DID IT!!!" 
One of you will get a great prize (if you provide me a way of contacting you!)...

0 comments:

Post a Comment