My Cat Goma Blog Update

My Cat Goma Blog Update

Link to My Himalayan cat "Goma"

Goma Is Less Furry But He Is Still Manly!!

Posted: 24 Sep 2010 05:01 PM PDT

SACHIE: Ohh i don't know if it will grow again.
GOMA: Me want hairz!! I is manly man catz me needs manly hairs!!
SACHIE: Oh well... if you stop eating my plants maybe it will grow back...
GOMA: Ohmaigosh~~~! I eat too many, too much plantz already!!!
SACHIE: Well your hair might now come back for a while...
GOMA: OMG~~~~
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone might already know, Junie's Vet terminated her from her clinic 2 days ago. So Lee doesn't have any Vet for Junie now. I am suggesting her to go to Goma's vet now...Lee told me today that Junie is doing better and her stomach is healing!! She will take picture and send it to us soon! until then I am copy and pasting Lee's massage posted on chat box so everyone can read it here:

Hi everyone. Yes its true my vet terminated our relationship by mail yesterday - which is a good thing. In a nut shell they said that "despite repeated attempts to provide the best ....care and service we are able to offer, we are apparently unable to meet your expectations."Essentially I called my vet after Junie ingested a topical ointment that had salycilic acid in it - Derma-Clens made by pfizer. Pfizer does not test how this effects cats once ingested - vet said it was no big deal - said I was making a big deal out of it. I told the vet I wanted Junie to go a more hollistic route No more chemicals- no revolution, no advantage - just OCD medication and anti-biotics for her infection. 

The vet was annoyed and told me Junie was a very sick cat and should have several more tests -each 175.00 each and Advantage Plus. I am not opposed to the test but told my vet for the momment I cannot afford all of this and do not want to put a pesticide (advantage) on her as well. She said she was waiting on me. So far Junie is healing rather quickly she does still seem to get at a spot or two. But the smelly infection is going away and she is really crusted over. She has also been better with out the Heska shots and less stressed. I know with Heska cats can get worse before better. but lets get her healed up first. She his finally purring and happy to...see me when I get home! 

Just want to scale all the simultaneous meds. so we can really see how individual meds are actually effecting her Mostly my issue w/ the vet is that they were constantly doing one test after another as if she was a pin cushion and had her on too many things at one time to really see how each individual medication was effecting her. 

Secondly, the prices were constantly changing and going up. They would give me free samples then turn around and charge me for them. An office visit to look at her infection was at one time $50 and has gone up to $70 and $80 - that was to look at her belly and prescribe an antibiotic. Does that sound excessive? Bandaging - was sometimes 24$ or in the end $50. And when Junie was in crisis several weeks ago the vet took two weeks to get back to me. We are happy - as they are- for us to move on. Sorry everyone. Just been feeling like the vet has been taking advantage of the situation -more ways than this. Thanks for your support. 

L&J


0 comments:

Post a Comment