BTB: So I haven't talked about Rolex yet...

BTB: So I haven't talked about Rolex yet...

Link to Behind the Bit

So I haven't talked about Rolex yet...

Posted: 20 Apr 2011 11:41 AM PDT

Bob and I will be there from Thurs through Sun--the whole enchilada. As I watched the entry list there were no real "Oh goodie!" horse/rider combos, but I knew it was just because I hadn't done my research. Case in point, Amateur rider Frankie Thierot and her Selle Francais gelding Fric Frac Berence -- with her name, you knew he had to be French, right?


So why are they special? 
The things we overcome make us special. As Frankie and were rising up the ranks, Fric lost an eye. At one time one-eyed horses were not allowed to compete in eventing after a certain level. Frankie worked to get 'clearance' to go beyond Prelim and now the one-eye rule has been changed.

Frankie works full time as a Communications Director, Part-time as a correspondent for USEA, and she trains and competes in the most time- and resource-consuming disciplines in equestrian sports. Hats off to you Frankie! You can read more about her, and see a gorgeous photo of her galloping Fric on a California beach, if you check out some of her recent coverage...  USEA Eventing; her Web sitehttp://www.frankiethieriot.com/; and the Rolex featured rider series. You can also see them in action on this Youtube video, about 2' 30" or shortly thereafter...

0 comments:

Post a Comment