BTB: What I don't get about Dover...

BTB: What I don't get about Dover...

Link to Behind the Bit

What I don't get about Dover...

Posted: 23 Apr 2011 09:32 AM PDT

I buy things from Dover -- they often have unique items and a great selection. Their customer service is good. Their shipping fees used to drive me bananas, but they changed their policies recently to make the shipping fees correspond better with the actual shipping cost. What do I not get about Dover?

Their sales, and more generally, their prices. This image appeared in their most recent spring sale catalog, and it is listed as an inventory closeout. The price, almost $120, is $20 more than what I paid for the item from Smartpak last fall when it was first introduced. Closeout pricing? Hardly. I priced this item from a lot of sources last fall, and not one was over $110 with tax.

Hey guys at Dover -- was this a mistake?

0 comments:

Post a Comment