My Cat Goma Blog Update

My Cat Goma Blog Update

Link to My Himalayan cat "Goma"

Junie The Rescured Cat Is Very Sad :-(

Posted: 19 Jun 2010 10:36 AM PDT

My friend has rescued a little kitteh and she is really sick. So Goma wants to halp her friend! The goal of this post are:

1. Find out more about her condition, hopefully find a solution to cure and treatment.

2. Raise donations to help cover her medical costs.

Let us know if you know anything about this condition. And donation, any amount will help! Even $1. Together we can save her!! Thank you very much!! ~Sachie+Goma
This is my friend's description of Junie:

Junie was brought to my attention by my co-worker who noticed the ulcer or lesions on her stomach. She had shown up on their porch and been there a month, no one knew what to do with her, so they thought of me.

Friday after work I went by with a carrier and scooped her up. All purrs, she jumped up on my bed and slept the entire weekend. I took her to the vet Monday morning and they were surprised at how bad she was. The vet said she had not seen anything that bad in her years of practice.

Junie is very swollen between her legs- almost as if she has had kittens and has lesions all over her belly. The vet believes that these are caused by her licking herself raw- which caused a secondary infection. Blood test show allergen levels through the roof. I was given L-Lysine to mix with her food to boost immunity, Clavamox for the secondary infection, a topical cream for the wounds, and EN gastrointestinal food by science diet. Two days later on Thursday we went in to the vet and they gave me Drontal - because she was soo hungry all the time they thought she might need to be de-wormed. Friday she vomited in the morning and again several times that night so, off to emergency we went for Subcutaneous fluids.

She continues to twitch, like a shiver, when she sleeps - which could be due to the sever itching and she often breathes hard.I think she may have asthma. I have brought this to the vets attention. While she is wearing the collar to stop from licking it does not completely prevent her from doing so. She sleeps excessively and has a very hard time going #2. She tested negative for FLV/FIV/Leukemia.

I took her in again to the vet this Thursday for more blood tests and they said her CBC was down 75 %.But they want to biopsy this Monday in three places on her stomach. They are also talking about Inflammatory bowel disease. She was vomiting again yesterday, so I stayed home from work- she has been put on a hypoallergenic diet as of Friday - Duck. Hope that may help.

So all in all as of next Monday I'm looking at a vet bill of 1,100. In the two weeks I've had her and they are still not sure of what she has.

If you have any information please contact me at cleeholcomb2002@yahoo.com
Thank you very much for all your help.





0 comments:

Post a Comment