BTB: My undeserved reputation: I'm famous for naming!

BTB: My undeserved reputation: I'm famous for naming!

Link to Behind the Bit

My undeserved reputation: I'm famous for naming!

Posted: 30 Jun 2010 05:59 PM PDT

Since I wrote the blog entry on naming horses I have occasionally received messages from people asking for help with naming their horse. I never quite feel up to the task. Well, earlier this week a young woman (Jacqui) emailed me for help naming her horse. It was my dream come true.  At last, I have the chance to name a blue roan!   Plus, Jacqui has some great material to work with:
  • Horse  is a 7 year old Blue roan/Tobiano Kentucky Mountain Horse.
  • Owner Jacqui will be showing him in gaited classes and fun shows
  • Owner Jacqui wants the name to be a tribute to her Aunt Jacqui, who loved roses, the ocean, and the song Stairway to Heaven (which is already taken in the breed registry)
I advised her against going with a floral name for a gelding, and I gave her my best recommendation which I personally LOVE LOVE LOVE. DRUMMMMRRRROOOOOLLLLLL....


Blue Tsunami

 
Unfortunately Jacqui either does not recognize my genius :-), or perhaps the name truly is not a great fit with her spectacular gelding. So it's time for the general readership to step in and help us out. What would you name this guy? Doesn't he have a sweet face?

0 comments:

Post a Comment