BTB: Riley gets ridden again!

BTB: Riley gets ridden again!

Link to Behind the Bit

Riley gets ridden again!

Posted: 28 Mar 2010 02:22 PM PDT

Riley went back into training last Monday, and Saturday he was ridden at the walk and trot for the first time in over a year. I couldn't film the event because I was holding the lunge line and backing up the trainer's leg with the lunge whip! He was a good boy and it was so fun to watch. Here is some footage of the pre-riding lunge session. FYI there is another lesson going on and the dialogue/commentary is not referring to Riley.



So 3 days a week he's with "the pro." She pushes him more than I do and it's enlightening to see how he steps up to the plate for he. She really makes him focus.

After today's session I was positively giddy. I hand-grazed him for about 45 minutes, praising and patting my good boy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment