Meow Diaries

Meow Diaries


Electric Car...Cool or Not?

Posted: 28 Mar 2010 02:07 AM PDT


The
Nissan Leaf caught my attention with its really cool design. What's more, this five-door hatchback is an electric car, which makes it totally unique! Have you ever been on one? I've seen electric cars on TV but that's about it. I've never seen one on the roads here and I don't know anybody who actually owns one so yeah, I am one curious cat right now!
Smiley
What is so special about the electric car? Well, the most unique feature is that it does not use fuel to run. Instead, the electric car uses electric motors and motor controllers for propulsion. As a zero-emission vehicle, the electric car does not release any emission from the tailpipe, which means it does not pollute the air. Noise pollution is also absent when driving so despite high initial costs, electric cars are perceived to be more environmentally friendly and cheaper to maintain and run. Smiley

The Leaf is one of two pure electric cars offered in the U.S. for the 2011 model year. Weighing over 3,000 pounds with an interior room of a mid-size car; the Leaf also includes the ability to pre-heat or pre-cool the car while it's still plugged in, to reduce the load on the battery.


I would love to know the price of the Leaf but Nissan hasn't release pricing on the Leaf as yet. The company did say that its overall cost of ownership will be comparable to, or better than, a gasoline car of the same size. Sounds pretty pricey to me so I doubt we'd be driving around in a Leaf anytime soon! What are your thoughts on the electric car?
Smiley

-FC Scoreboard points for my first THREE commenters-


LADY JAVA
MONICA

0 comments:

Post a Comment