BTB: Barn notes: Not 3 hours, not 2 1/2, but...

BTB: Barn notes: Not 3 hours, not 2 1/2, but...

Link to Behind the Bit

Barn notes: Not 3 hours, not 2 1/2, but...

Posted: 25 Aug 2010 12:41 PM PDT

At every barn it seems there are some horses who don't fare well on turnout. They run, they get picked on, they have soundness issues, whatever. Instead they go out for a few hours when the other horses are in. I get why this is necessary, but some requests seem a bit over the top. The whiteboard note below is a case in point...



This particular horse needed boots all around and a blanketing change for his 2 3/4 hour turnout. I don't mind providing individual care to horses if it doesn't get too out of hand, and if I understand the reasoning. This turnout request was a pain because I already had so much to do, and my routine had to be rearranged so I'd be at a good stopping place to bring this horse in. You know what I mean?
Whoops, can't move the spreader up, it'll block the 2 3/4 hour horse's stall.
Nope, can't do outside water buckets, the 2 3/4 hour horse will have to come in soon.
Geez, don't have time to water the ring before bringing in the 2 3/4 hour horse.
What CAN I do? Guess I'll just sweep, even though I usually wait do that after I hay...
Have I gone on long enough??? Wait, don't answer that. Nuf said.



0 comments:

Post a Comment