BTB: A phone call with my mom, about 24 years ago

BTB: A phone call with my mom, about 24 years ago

Link to Behind the Bit

A phone call with my mom, about 24 years ago

Posted: 16 Aug 2010 06:23 PM PDT


One morning, around 24 years ago, my mom called me with news about my niece, Jamie. She was then only a few months old. Mom was the doting grandma who loved to relay baby stories; Me, I'm just not into kids...
My mom: Stacey, Jamie  is developing so fast -- you know this   morning she ate pudding with her fingers! 
Stacey:     [sarcastically] Have you called MENSA?
Well, the shoe is on the other foot. I marvel at Riley's growth and development. Only a month ago he could barely hold a canter for a few strides on the lunge. I lunged him yesterday and he cantered on and on, no sign of tiring. Experienced horse peeps are no doubt thinking  my goodness, this is typical young horse development -- why is she so amazed?  I can't help it, it all just feels miraculous.

So, here's this week's progress video (click here for Vimeo version).


0 comments:

Post a Comment