BTB: Bob is home!

BTB: Bob is home!

Link to Behind the Bit

Bob is home!

Posted: 08 Aug 2010 01:26 PM PDT

Yes, Bob is home. But he is  a bit cross with me. My hospital "vigil" kept me at his side Thursday and Friday. With Bob on the mend Saturday, I snuck out to see the horses after lunch. Bob was supposed to be discharged at 5pm, but they let him go early. He left me seven voice mail messages, each one crabbier than the previous, and then he had to take a cab home.  Oops.

In my defense..
  • I more or less lived at the hospital for several days.
  • Bob campaigned for early release knowing I was not around to drive him.
  • It's a 4 minute cab ride.
How ironic is it that we've transitioned so rapidly from tears and hand-holding to our normal banter and routine.  Days ago both of us feared he might have a serious/terminal illness. At the lowest point I had a crying jag in the hospital stairwell, followed by a blubbering phone call to my sister. Today he's cleaning out the refrigerator and chiding me for not  unloading the dishwasher while he was "out."

Oh well. Crabby is okay with me, and the old routine is welcome. I think we're both eager to leave the last three days behind. On the agenda for today? Bob's going to hang the steel stall guard on Riley's door.

0 comments:

Post a Comment