BTB: Breeches: Glomming on the glam

BTB: Breeches: Glomming on the glam

Link to Behind the Bit

Breeches: Glomming on the glam

Posted: 18 Jan 2011 12:30 PM PST

Look to your right at these $269 Kentucky brand City Strass breeches.  First of all,  let me make it clear, that is not my butt. That is the backside of a model. A skinny, toned, 25-and-under model. And LOOK AT HER.  As if the fit is not horrendous enough, note that the pocket detail features Swarowski crystal accents.

Not all of the breeches trends are bad--I like piping, low-rise (on me they are not low), and even the two-tone fullseats (on riders with the figure to carry it off). I think rhinestones can be fun. I think plaid is very cute on the 3% of the human population that should/would wear plaid on the lower half of their body.  But all of these fashion ideas packed onto one item of apparel? No.

Where is Michael Kors when you need him? Whither Heidi Klum? As they say on Project Runway, please edit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment