BTB: Meet the crest flip

BTB: Meet the crest flip

Link to Behind the Bit

Meet the crest flip

Posted: 26 Jan 2011 12:29 PM PST

Riley has a pretty nice crest, and my trainer showed me a little trick for making the change of bend more visual. In the video below she demonstrates something called the "crest flip." I couldn't duplicate this on Harv because he has a thoroughbred neck, but now that I know how it works on Riley I can understand how it works on Harv.
It helps you -- well, me --assess bend in the neck (though not the body). The "crest flip" does not assure a correct bend, and you can see that Riley is overbent a bit to the right. Interestingly, you also see the "flip" is far less pronounced to the left.

When you watch the video, look for the little "snap flip" of the crest (going right) on the 7th-8th second and on the 14th-15th second.






0 comments:

Post a Comment