BTB: My love/hate relationship with Cavallo breeches

BTB: My love/hate relationship with Cavallo breeches

Link to Behind the Bit

My love/hate relationship with Cavallo breeches

Posted: 16 Jan 2011 04:36 PM PST

Are you all familiar with CavalloTM breeches? I want to like the Cavallo brand, I really do! They are beautiful on the hanger -- just gorgeous. The fabrics are butter-soft yet"structured" so that the fit is tailored. The rich colors and patterns are distinctive. But...
  1. They're expensive.
  2. They run at least one size smaller than other breeches. 
  3. They designed the Cavallo NYC breech (right).

You'll shell out $239 for the Cavallo NYC breeches. Imagine the average dressage rider in these.  Imagine the rear view.  The side view. Imagine the panty lines.

Few middle-aged figures would be flattered by the circa 1970's pockets, the funky contrast stitching, and a zipper that doesn't lie flat. For $239 I want that zipper to lie flat.

But forget the less-than-perfect figure, it doesn't look that great in the ad.  It's not exactly unflattering on this near-fleshless model, but it bears repeating that the zipper doesn't lie flat.  I doubt she'd run out and buy it after the photo shoot.

In the words of my best shopping buddy: "It doesn't do anything to you, but it doesn't do anything for you."

 That said, the color is great and I like where it sits on her hips.

0 comments:

Post a Comment