BTB: How to feel jazzed on the job

BTB: How to feel jazzed on the job

Link to Behind the Bit

How to feel jazzed on the job

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 12:36 PM PST


I'm on lunch break from work, walking to the campus bookstore for my daily Cafe Americano.  I'm tired and a little crabby. It's bitter cold. Eager to get into the store, I'm running with my head down. Then I hear...

Clip clop clip clop.

I'm at WORK, I think. What the heck is this? Is my mind playing tricks? No. It's hooves on macadam.
The Bethlehem Mounted Police (BMP) are now patrolling the Bethlehem South Side, around campus.

Suddenly I'm a kid, and my heart flipflops with joy.  The urge to  run over and pet this horse's big fuzzy head is overwhelming.  Instead I watch them walk past, waving and grinning.

When I go back to work, I look up the BMP Facebook page and learn the horses' names: George, Raven, and Pharaoh. There's a great picture of them. I want that picture on my office door. This is a campus safety thing, I think. Work related. I download a picture of the mounted patrol and print it on the color printer in the Director's office -- something I have never, ever done. When I go to retrieve it, the CEO of my division is at the printer, and he is looking quizzically at the printout.   I explain I just saw one of them. They're here, on campus.  We have a discussion of their role in campus safety.  The CEO looks a little puzzed but smiles. Sigh of relief.

The little poster above is on my office door.

0 comments:

Post a Comment