BTB: Secretariat out on DVD/Blu-Ray: Win a copy!!!

BTB: Secretariat out on DVD/Blu-Ray: Win a copy!!!

Link to Behind the Bit

Secretariat out on DVD/Blu-Ray: Win a copy!!!

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 12:35 PM PST



Some of you may remember my review of Secretariat (the movie) a few months ago. The movie  is being released on DVD/Blu-Ray on January 25, and it includes footage of an interview with Penny Chenery, Secretariat's owner.

And there is a giveaway!
In exchange for spreading the word about the release, the company offered to sponsor a  DVD/Blu-Ray giveaway. I'm not being compensated, I just wanted to get the merch into your hands :-). Here's how the giveaway works...

  • Leave a comment on this post sharing your thoughts or memories relating to SecretariatIt can be anything. 
  • Make sure to include an email/ID/handle of some sort so I can reach you, or make sure to check back on Feb. 1 to see if you won.
  • I'll randomly select one or two winners (depending on how many DVD copies I receive).

My thought on Secretariat (and Penny)

In the DVD interview, Penny says something that mirrors a mantra I repeated to myself to calm my nerves when I was competing Harvey: I've already won. I've won, because I had Harv. I even blogged about this mantra years ago, so isn't it funny that Penny says this? 
"I loved the line in the movie where Diane Lane says, 'I've already won.' I knew that. Whether Secretariat won or lost, he'd won his personal battle. He was having a wonderful time. I was having a wonderful time. My father had died, my mother had died, but the things they had fought for in life and as a racing experience, they were achieved. I was proud and grateful. If we won the Belmont, that would be great, but we'd already won the race in life." [download full text of interview]
And here's the video excerpt of Penny's interview...

0 comments:

Post a Comment