Meow Diaries

Meow Diaries


Bad Boy Benji!

Posted: 22 Jan 2010 11:28 AM PST


Benji is being punished for scratching my furniture! The last time he scratched my massage chair and storage benches, I locked him up inside the kitty condo for hours so let's see how long he'll stay inside today!
Smiley

Lemme out Master!

My cats love scratching my furniture especially Benji so I need some new tips on how to prevent this annoyance. I'm certain cat owners like me sympathize with my situation for sometimes it's just difficult to get our cats to behave. It's their nature to scratch and as owners, it is up to us to ensure or prevent our cats from destroying our furniture with their incessant scratching. Smiley

Of course we can't expect cats to not scratch at all but we can do our bit to help them scratch less and salvage our furniture the best way possible. Fortunately, I don't have really expensive or fancy
Victorian furniture for kids. Otherwise, I'd definitely get more riled up whenever my cats misbehave and scratch on my furniture!
takbole

So here are a few more tips to help you and me from crying every time our cats start scratching on our furniture. I hope you'll find them useful.


1. Discourage your cats from lounging in the areas or furniture you don't want them to scratch by applying herbal spray or double-sided tape.


2. Provide your cats with proper scratching posts or boards. Cats enjoy a scratch after a nap, so place a scratching post near your cat's favourite napping spot.
Smiley

3. Keep your cat's nails regularly trimmed to help blunt the damage from scratching.


4. Try placing orange peel where you don't want your cats to scratch. Generally, cats find citrus smell extremely unpleasant.
busuk

5. Set a booby trap on your furniture with a soda can with some coins inside. When your cat starts to scratch, the soda can will rattle; scaring your cat from scratching!
ihikhik

-FC Scoreboard points for my first THREE commenters-


MONICA
ANE
DEBBS

0 comments:

Post a Comment