Behind the Bit

Behind the Bit


Damn you Jeffers Equine! More sartorial splendor

Posted: 18 Feb 2010 02:49 PM PST

Found another great blanket -- turnout sheet, really -- this one by Weatherbeeta for Joules (an equestrian clothing line). Would you be shocked if I told you that the sheet has been ordered, received, and fitted? My fingers tingled as I filled out the order form. Would it be out of stock? Nope. I beat the hordes of would-be buyers to the front of the line and scored this harbinger of spring, a pastel stripey frivolous frock for Riley.
I took it out to the barn and tried it on him last weekend. Another boarder, a twenty-something, peered in our stall. "Are you going to make him wear that?" she asked. I laughed, but inside my head I thought, "Listen, I grew up in the seventies. This is tame." Like most kids of that era I went through a "rainbow period," incorporating that color scheme at every opportunity. Guess this is a remnant of that mind set. Still, I was shocked that she didn't like it. Chacun à son goût...

Why stop there? I could go all matchy-matchy and get this Joules shirt for myself.


0 comments:

Post a Comment