Meow Diaries

Meow Diaries


Translator at Work

Posted: 09 Feb 2010 08:58 AM PST


You already know I work from home. Now let me tell you what it is that I actually do inside my home-office daily, rain or shine, night or day... Smiley

As a freelance copywriter, my work mainly consists of writing copies for clients. Copies can come in many forms be it a newsletter, a print ad, a brochure and so on. That is my main job. Aside from that the other thing I do almost daily is translate documents from English to Malay or vice versa. Translation forms a pretty huge chunk of my workload and the jobs appear inside my Inbox more often compared to copywriting and editing. Smiley

So depending on my workload, working from home at my own pace and time can be extremely fun especially when there's not much for me to do. That's when I get to kick back and spend more time blogging or laze around dropping EC. Smiley


Otherwise, you'll find me immerse for days on end in a new translation job that sometimes gets me thinking hard; finding the perfect word...

or panicking when I'm on a ridiculous deadline!


Most days however will find me pretty much content to be where I am right now; being my own boss and working from home on my copywriting and translation jobs. Coffee is always in abundance and my fluffy cats give me the inspiration I need to churn out copy after copy so what more could I ask for? Smiley


Speaking of work, I recently registered with Translia, which is an innovative translation service. Offering translators like me a unique new platform to collaborate with other translators and deliver translations in a speedy efficient manner, this program is a must-see for all translators!

I've already registered (FREE) with them a few months back but I've been too occupied with my own clients so I have not checked in with them for quite some time. Plus, I forgot my password! Anyway, they recently sent me an email saying work is aplenty so maybe I'll look into this site again. You can never earn too much for freelancers like me so any money-making opportunity is always welcomed. Will I see you there?
Smiley

-FC Scoreboard points for my first THREE commenters-


BILL
LADY JAVA
MONICA

0 comments:

Post a Comment