My Cat Goma Blog Update

My Cat Goma Blog Update

Link to My Himalayan cat "Goma"

The Largest Domestic Cat "Savannah Cat"

Posted: 11 Dec 2010 09:21 AM PST

I am simply intrigued about this newest cat breed call "Savannah Cat". I found out about this breed simply surfing the web and came across this article "Living with Savannah cat" by Patric Hatt. I was like what is Savannah cat?? Why are they so special??? well let me tell you they are not only special, they are just magnificent cat that resembles a wild cat but without wild part!! 

According to Wiki, Savannah cats are considered one of the larger breeds of domesticated cats. Savannah cats are the name given to the offspring of a domestic cat and a serval— a medium-sized, large-eared wild African cat. The unusual cross became popular among breeders at the end of the 20th century, and in 2001 the International Cat Association accepted it as a new registered breed. Savannahs are much more social than typical domestic cats, and they are often compared to dogs in their loyalty. They can be trained to walk on a leash and even taught to play fetch. 

I checked out some of Savannah cat breeders and came across with A1 Savannahs in New Hampshire.  They seems to be really successful breeding Savannah cat. I borrowed above picture from them. I learned that there are types/grade to Savannah cat. F1~F5. This number associated with it toindicate how many generations it is from its Serval ancestor. So F1 is most wildest and F5 is less. Also F1 cats are the largest and most expensive. F1 goes up to $28,000!!! So interesting. Here are some videos of them I found on their site.




I just think Savannah cats are amazing! They are like normal cats but looks like a wild cat! I don't think I will own Savannah cat, it will eat Goma up!! lol but I sure want to meet one someday!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment