My Cat Goma Blog Update

My Cat Goma Blog Update

Link to My Himalayan cat "Goma"

Goma Went to Emargency Vet This Morning :-(

Posted: 12 Dec 2010 07:41 AM PST

I still can't believe what happened. Yesterday morning around 9:30 I took him to regular grooming. He does this every 3 months. He was normal before he went there. Around 1:00 we came back and noticed, his left ear was bothering him so much, it goes back and forth real quickly like some bugs are constantly bothering him. Late at night we noticed, he has some balancing problems. He falls sideways unexpectedly sometimes and he couldn't walk straight. We also noticed his eyes are moving constantly side to side, slightly off. It seems though he was having hard time focusing his eyes at one point. It was late at night so we decided to leave him overnight to see if his symptoms will improve. This morning we woke up, and noticed that he seems to be worse. He is falling more and his eyes are moving side to side really rapidly, like he is looking at passing car to other, and his head also moves with his eyes now. He tried to got up on the bed which is 3 feet high, he couldn't get up and fall. That point we were so concerned that we had to take him in to Emergency Vet.

At the Vet, the doctor immediately noticed something wrong with him eyes. She said it is normally due to the damages on ear drum. She thinks when groomer cleaned his ear very aggressively and may damaged his ear drum. So she checked both ears and found irritation on ear drum on his left ear. She thinks Goma will not eat or drink until he gets better so we gave him fluid IV. She told me if I want to take him home and watch him couple of days if things will improve, or they can keep him and make sure he is eating, drinking and taking his medicines. I told them I will take him home and watch him closely. The Vet thinks that it should improve in few days, if not I need to take him to Vet for further check out.

We are home now, Goma is in his room resting. He is under the bed and won't come out now. He seems to be falling a lot again. He is taking one oral medicine that helps with pain, and other pill that helps with nausea and dizziness.

The Vet said cat's ears are very sensitive, groomers needs to be extra careful when they clean cat's ears.
I will not go back to the groomer again and if I take Goma to another groomer I gonna tell them not to touch his ears. She suggested that cat's ear doesn't need a lot of cleaning, once a year is fine, and let your Vet clean them not Groomers. Lesson learned.

I will keep you updated very soon thanks everyone!

Sachie


0 comments:

Post a Comment