BTB: Padre's dressage journey Part III: includes a video!

BTB: Padre's dressage journey Part III: includes a video!

Link to Behind the Bit

Padre's dressage journey Part III: includes a video!

Posted: 18 Oct 2010 04:30 PM PDT

In my first post on Padre, the American Mustang dressage horse, I talked about his Devon breed show win. But he is schooling third level dressage. I'd like to let Patti speak for herself on Padre as much as possible.

I asked her:  What are Padre's challenges in developing as a dressage horse? What does he do easily? What challenges you as a trainer?

Patti's response
Padre's biggest challenges in being a dressage horse are no different than any other horses. He is able to do everything I ask and he learns quickly and easily. His favorite thing is flying Changes. As a trainer my biggest challenge is to listen to him. He lets me know when I have confused him by halting. He will turn around and look at me like he is saying "I Don't Understand". As a trainer I try to give 100% of myself to Padre and to my students. It is hard to be positive all the time and I know that Padre' is sensitive to my emotions so if I am having a rough day I will groom him or free lunge instead of giving him less than 100%. I have a bond with him that is unlike anything I have ever had with any horse. I have a great deal of respect for him, his intelligence and athleticism.

Now,  here is video footage of Padre and Patti!


0 comments:

Post a Comment