BTB: Parsival's elimination: Hints and allegations

BTB: Parsival's elimination: Hints and allegations

Link to Behind the Bit

Parsival's elimination: Hints and allegations

Posted: 01 Oct 2010 12:59 PM PDT

I suspect most of us have heard/read about Parzival and Adelinde Cornelissen's elimination at WEG. There's a lot of buzz about whether there was abuse in the warmup ring. Frankly I kind of doubt it, and from what I've read impartial observers did not observe blood in the warmup or the first part of the test. There's a lot of hardware in the mouth of a grand prix horse.

This video (have you seen it already?) shows how late in the test the elimination occurred. I had thought she was stopped toward the beginning. They were doing so well! Watching them leave the ring I had tears in my eyes. The rider is gracious in her acceptance of the judge's verdict. A big thumbs up for that kind of sportsmanship.

0 comments:

Post a Comment