BTB: Linda Zang Clinic? Maybe. Crossing fingers and toes

BTB: Linda Zang Clinic? Maybe. Crossing fingers and toes

Link to Behind the Bit

Linda Zang Clinic? Maybe. Crossing fingers and toes

Posted: 13 Mar 2011 05:03 PM PDT

The good news is first.  We sent an application and video footage of my trainer on Riley to the Hassler Dressage folks to be a demo rider for the Linda Zang clinic. I heard from them on Wednesday --we're in! To the left is the Web page describing the clinic and you see Ri-Ri's name as the first horse in the order of go.


Bad news follows soon after. On Thursday, Riley lost his left front shoe. It was muddy, but he's been in worse mud. I don't know quite what happened; I'm told he wasn't running, and the shoe was found in a relatively un-muddy part of the pasture. His turnout buddy lost a shoe -- found  within ten feet of Riley's. Those two boys are quite the active pair in the pasture. They act like two weanlings.

My farrier was in Florida but another reputable farrier was coming out to the barn Friday. I knew Ri's foot was torn up, but when I saw the look on the farrier's face I knew it was bad. He initially told me he preferred my regular farrier reshoe him.



I don't know guys. I hope this stays on. I'm not sure if you can see in these photos, but the area below the nails is pretty much gone -- the area under the clip is sort of gone. Riley is not being turned out till after the clinic, and his days of mud/wet turnout are over. He'll be ridden in the morning and I'll lunge him lightly in the evening. My regular farrier will check it before we leave. Cross your fingers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment