BTB: "Slow the shoulders": A interesting concept from the clinic

BTB: "Slow the shoulders": A interesting concept from the clinic

Link to Behind the Bit

"Slow the shoulders": A interesting concept from the clinic

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 12:04 PM PDT

Here is an intriguing clip from the clinic. I think I know what the clinician is talking about but I'm not 100% sure. What do you think it means? Notice I'm including the audio portion of the video. Feeling brave I guess, plus it's just a short clip. I may extract a few other main ideas in future posts...

She mentions a few other techniques that I've seen elsewhere -- alternate sitting and posting, and of course transitions. This is earlier in the session than the previous clip. Riley entered the ring uncharacteristically fearful -- kind of frozen/transfixed -- and with no time for warmup, the initial trotwork was stiff and tense. This represented a huge improvement.

0 comments:

Post a Comment