My Cat Goma Blog Update

My Cat Goma Blog Update

Link to My Himalayan Cat Goma Blog

Disaster Continues In Japan, How to Help Animals Affected By Earthquake and Tsunami

Posted: 14 Mar 2011 04:32 PM PDT

A tsunami victim reunited with his beloved dog. (Sensai prefecture)
More and more I watch Japanese news media reporting about Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan, I realize how enormous the damages are. According to FNN News, the total number of death and missing are 7,200(March 15th, 2:00pm JPN). When I saw this number I just could not help but think about animals there as well, how are they coping with such a big disaster? Is anyone helping them? Do they have food and medical attentions that they need?? For example famous Cat island Tashirojima, The island situated almost directly west of the epicenter of the quake. Love meow reports that people and cats are doing okay but short of cat food, the rescue team is underway.

Here I complied some Animals Rescue Groups collecting donations to help save animals in affected area.
Japan Earthquake Animal Rescue and Support team are packing up for trip to get closer to the areas affected.

General Donation Fund:


0 comments:

Post a Comment