BTB: Riley at the clinic: The Training Level frame

BTB: Riley at the clinic: The Training Level frame

Link to Behind the Bit

Riley at the clinic: The Training Level frame

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 03:22 PM PDT

A lovely arena
The TuffRider winner will be announced tomorrow, Wednesday, rather than today. There are so many good entries, I need more time for review. Thanks for your patience.

So what was the clinic like? How did it go? Here's the scoop:

While videotaping was generally forbidden, I got written permission in advance to videotape Ri-Ri at the clinic. Well... We had permission, but my husband was getting a "the border collie stare"  from one of the barn staff. Believe me we didn't imagine it. I thought about explaining but I didn't want to  miss any of  Riley's session.

In light of the hairy eyeball incident, I'm nervous about posting a lot of footage here. To be safe, I substituted music for the clinician's narrative -- here you see a good sampling of Riley's ride. In this segment the focus was on getting Riley to move more through his whole body. At about 23-25 seconds the clinician said that this is an "8" training level frame.  Riley looks great to me, but this outline looks a whole lot like a hunter frame, yes? Hunter riders what do you think? This footage makes me want to go out and get a pair of Tailored Sportsmans...



0 comments:

Post a Comment