Behind the Bit

Behind the Bit


Draft horses in dressage!

Posted: 30 Dec 2009 12:47 PM PST

I'm always interested in non-traditional horses in dressage, and know many of you are too. While I never really thought of draft horses as dressage candidates, some of these big guys look like they're kicking equine butt at the lower levels. Who knows how far they'll go? Hats off to these riders and horses!

Here's a short one to whet your appetite


This is a longish video but be patient -- what a nice walk!



This one's a cross but I'm partial to blue roans


That is one massive head! Can she bring it up a bit more?



There is another video of this one in flat work -- think he is in draw reins?



Overall, I'm impressed with the forwardness and the riders' ability to ride without appearing to muscle these horses around. I can't believe it's an easy job.

0 comments:

Post a Comment