Puppy on a Roomba

Puppy on a Roomba


The Night Before Corgimas

Posted: 24 Dec 2009 04:00 AM PST

Corgi elf

‘Twas the night before Corgimas, when all through the pack
Not a doggie was stirring, not even for snacks;
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that Santy Claus soon would be there;
The doggies were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of boney treats danced in their heads;
And the Molly in her doggie bed, and I in elf cap,
Had just settled down for a long winter’s nap,
When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang, barked, and jumped to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Barked at the shutters and chewed up the sash.
The moon light was bright on sky falling snow
Like when Daddy shines flashlights on earthworms below,
Then, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a miniature sleigh, and eight goofy reindeer,
With a little old driver, with fur beard and big paws,
I knew in a moment it must be Santy Claus.
More rapid than beagles his coursers they came,
And he whistled, and barked loud, and called them by name;
“Now, Dasher! now, Dancer! now, Prancer and Vixen!
On, Comet! on Cupid! on, Donder and Blitzen!
To the top of the dog house! to the top of the wall!
Now dash away! dash away! and snacks for you all!”
As dry leaves that before the wild apoxylips fly,
When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky,
So up to the dog house the coursers they flew,
With the sleigh full of toys, and boney treats too.
And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof
The prancing and pawing, it made me say “boof.”
As I drew in my head, and barked like a hound,
Down the chimney Santy Claus came with a bound.
He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his snoot,
And his clothes were all tarnished with dog spit and soot;
A bundle of boneys he had flung on his back,
And he looked like dog walker just opening his pack.
His eyes — how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!
His cheeks were like dog biscuts, his nose like a cherry!
His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,
And I played with his beard as white as the snow;
The stump of a boney treat he held tight in his teeth,
And the the crumbs from it encircled his head like a wreath;
He had a broad face and a little round belly,
That shook, when he laughed like a dog dish of jelly.
He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,
And I barked when I saw him, in spite of myself;
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;
He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
And filled the doggie stockings; then turned with a jerk,
And laying his finger aside of his nose,
And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose;
He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like the fur of a thistle.
But I heard him exclaim, as he drove out of sight,
“Happy Merry Christmas to all, and be good corgis tonight.”


0 comments:

Post a Comment