BTB: "Gee, thanks": Gifts for equestrian frenemies II

BTB: "Gee, thanks": Gifts for equestrian frenemies II

Link to Behind the Bit

"Gee, thanks": Gifts for equestrian frenemies II

Posted: 30 Nov 2010 12:31 PM PST

"Spursuader"

As we enter the holiday season, our thoughts may turn to fellow gifts for riders -- those we really, really like, and well, those that we might consider frenemies.  You know who I mean. Don't we all know someone who: 
  • asks "Was that supposed to be a shoulder-in?"
  • says "it's so great that you can still enjoy training level year after year."
  • Coos over your horse when you're within earshot, but complains to others that he's spoiled and annoying.
There's something to be said for getting even--or at least fantasizing about it :-). Yes, consider retaliation in the form of a passive-agressive gesture. Bury the knife in a show of holiday generosity.

Hey, what about the Spursuader (pictured upper right), which the ad says is  "made especially for the rider with an uneducated lower leg?" I'm half-expecting to get one as a gift, and to be honest I'd like to get a pair! I think the spur looks like  a kind and gentle aid.

I guess it can be for "real" friends too. :-)  By the way I have no frenemies that I know of -- this is all in fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment