Meow Diaries

Meow Diaries


Berry-licious Birthday Mel!

Posted: 27 Nov 2010 02:59 AM PST


It is a busy Saturday for me. Yesterday was my sister's birthday. Melanie is the youngest in the family and she turns 21 this year so it's a big birthday affair. For weeks we have been figuring the best form of celebration for her and it's finally decided that we're going to have a birthday hi-tea for her and her friends in a hotel here.
Smiley

So this year, since no home cooking is involved, there is no need for me to look up great birthday recipes from my Birthday
Cookbooks to prepare a special birthday dessert for the party. I usually buy something for the party but this year since it's her 21st birthday, I was contemplating on making a Strawberry Trifle!

Trifle is pretty easy to make and it does not require the usage of kitchen appliances like an oven, blender, much less a
Stand Mixer! Like I've mentioned in one of my older posts, I do not own an oven. I only have a microwave oven in my kitchen so my baking and cooking-for-party skills are limited because of this. Perhaps that is one of the reasons I constantly turn to Trifles when dessert is needed for a dinner party or family celebration. I do enjoy cooking quick easy recipes!

Anyway, I found a Berry Trifle recipe online, which I simply have to try soon. It looks easier to make than the traditional English trifle and it looks berry-licious too!
Smiley



Happy Birthday to Mel once again and I will take some pictures of our hi-tea later this afternoon to share with you. Happy weekend! Smiley

-FC Scoreboard points for my first THREE commenters-



BILL
ANE
CAROLINE

Fluffy Friday #48 - Priceless! **

Posted: 26 Nov 2010 04:35 PM PST


Who wants to bring home this fluffy kitty in a basket? Her name is Phoebe and she's the most adorable cat ever! You can't get mad at her no matter what she does or how naughty she gets simply because she's too fluffy and too cute to be reprimanded. You'll end up apologizing to her Majesty instead. ihikhik

Oh and of course I'm just kidding about selling my fluffy Phoebe. I'd never give her up, she's absolutely priceless and she'll always be my pretty baby! Happy
Fluffy Friday!
Smiley







Share your fluffy friends with us every Friday! Whether it's a favourite stuffed toy or an adorable pet - basically anything fluffy, we'd love to see your pictures & stories! Leave ONLY the POST URL here and grab the Fluffy Friday badge at Meow Diaries. Any unrelated links will be deleted.

Blogspot Blogs



Wordpress Blogs



0 comments:

Post a Comment