BTB: Sandro Hit: When you finally tire of Totilas....

BTB: Sandro Hit: When you finally tire of Totilas....

Link to Behind the Bit

Sandro Hit: When you finally tire of Totilas....

Posted: 16 Nov 2010 12:20 PM PST

Sandro Hit is perhaps one of the four most influential sires of the 20th century.  My sense is that he, and his get, define the ideal for the "modern warmblood." He reliably produces leggy, chisel-headed, lean-looking offspring with lots of activity behind. A very classy horse.

Here's the funny thing. I love his offspring, but I'm not that crazy about him. Is it just me?

Taste in horses is a personal thing, and I'm no expert. To me he is a beautifully put together horse, with  lots of activity, but not the suspension or elasticity you see in Rubenstein.  Weltmeyer. Donnerhall. Quaterback. What do you think?

Sandro Hit



 What I do love about SH is his babies.  His offspring often have all the wonderful qualities of SH plus something from the mom. Of the Sandro Hit sons,  Sunny Boy is my favorite. I just love him...

 
Sunny Boy

0 comments:

Post a Comment