BTB: My taste is an acquired taste

BTB: My taste is an acquired taste

Link to Behind the Bit

My taste is an acquired taste

Posted: 07 Nov 2010 05:56 PM PST


I'm taking some flak at the barn for outfitting Riley in this new sheet --  a Weatherbeeta, pictured right. I personally love this blanket and  was a little taken aback at how--er-- forthcoming people have been with their opinions.  Who knew that a mere blanket could generate barn buzz.
  • "Where did you get that? Why did you get that????" 
  • "I know why it's a limited edition [smirk]."
  • "Maybe we should turn him out in one of the back pastures."

 These are the remarks I'm hearing, imagine what's going on out of earshot.  Okay, Okay, it's a little bright -- but I loved it from the moment I saw it.   My response to the commenters?

Take a hike, haters!
Bahhh! Take a hike haters, Riley is Absolutely Fabulous in his new threads. 

I heartily agree that it is a blanket not many horses can wear. But Ri has the panache to carry it off. It fits his personality and his boyish charm.  Truly, he is the Austin Powers of the equine world. 

Nuf said on the matter. Except that it leads to an interesting question...

If Riley is Austin Powers, what celebrity or famous person is your horse most like?

Harvey, I think, was John Travolta, but now that he's older, there's a little Abe Lincoln thrown in. Maybe Colin Powell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment