Meow Diaries

Meow Diaries


Mailbox Mystery!

Posted: 17 Jul 2010 09:44 AM PDT


Remember my post on missing mail and possible tampering with our
house mailboxes? Well, my hunch just got stronger recently when I went to pick up my mail and discovered not one, not two but three torn envelopes! It was almost as if someone was trying to reach inside the contents of my mailbox but failed...so far.

Since I'm living in a condo, we don't actually have the typical
wall mounted mailboxes right outside our door so everything is located downstairs in the mail room. I was in a hurry so I didn't check my mail immediately that day. It was only two days later when I browsed through my stack of mail that I discovered the three ripped envelopes! Now who would do that and three ripped envelopes does not make it a coincidence right? Unless of course, my mailman was so careless and accidentally tore my envelopes open, which I seriously doubt. Smiley

Anyway, the ripped envelopes were junk mail so they weren't important. I was worried because I was expecting my first cheque from Churp Churp and that I can't afford to lose. The amount may be small but the trouble to get another cheque mailed my way is the hassle I am avoiding. Fortunately, my CC cheque arrived two days later and I did not get any more torn envelopes after the first incident.
Smiley

To be on the safe side however, I'm going to change the lock on my
wall mount mailbox. But in order to do that, we'd have to file a report with the management office and what not, which is actually the most tedious part. Oh well, these are just some of the condo-living woes I'm facing and hopefully there would be no more torn mail after we change our lock! I hope you're enjoying your weekend and thanks for visiting me today.
Smiley

-FC Scoreboard points for my first THREE commenters-


FOONG
LADY JAVA
ANE

0 comments:

Post a Comment