BTB: Riley update part II: Flabulosity

BTB: Riley update part II: Flabulosity

Link to Behind the Bit

Riley update part II: Flabulosity

Posted: 22 Jul 2010 02:07 PM PDT

After my trainer, it's my turn to ride Riley. Remember the rule of show business, never follow children or animals? Note to self -- never follow your your petite, fit,  trainer-who-has-no-sweat-glands. It's hot. I'm totally out of shape. I feel/look like a giant gelatinous blob, and Dear God what posessed me to wear horizontal stripes?  In this open/fenceless ring Riley can lose his steering, so I pull him up from a lovely canter before we go into the corner.  "Did you lose your stirrup?" asked my trainer. No, I lost my nerve.




If you want to hear the actual audio (not the music), and my trainer's 
kind and encouraging words, here's the Vimeo version...
After I got off she got back on to "reset the parameters" which is a nice way of saying... Well, you guys know what it means. In retrospect, I needed to be taking lessons all of this time, instead of hacking the Harvster around aimlessly. I'm embarrassed at how spent I am after this brief session. Riley is a good sport, though, isn't he? This is my wakeup call!

0 comments:

Post a Comment