BTB: Dressage pad trendsetting: Orange is the new white

BTB: Dressage pad trendsetting: Orange is the new white

Link to Behind the Bit

Dressage pad trendsetting: Orange is the new white

Posted: 19 Jul 2010 01:31 PM PDT

Meet my latest dressage pad -- a custom Mattes (pronounced Mattus, not Matts, I'm told) pad that I ordered from SmartPak. Many of you may know that the dressage world is expanding its notion of "acceptable show colors" to include more than white, black, and navy. While dressage pads aren't discussed,  I feel that riders in the avant-garde can start to experiment :-). And Riley and I are ready to rock the dressage world with the our new orange-hued pad.

I first saw my Mattes pad dream color, Terra cotta, while at Rolex. Terra is a really nice color -- not orange, not pumpkin, not rust, not peach, just a very pleasantly saturated rich apricot. I originally thought about getting aubergine and olive trim but when I used the Smartpak saddle pad customization application I could see aubergine would be a mistake.

Oh, by the way, the SmartPak Mattes customization app is really cool. Who would have thunk that online shopping could be such a "real" experience? The video below  illustrates how easy it is to create your dreampad on SmartPak...
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment